Reggie's Party Sisig
Contributed by Aik Tan in The Slow Press Vol. 1
1 PIG FACE, WITH EARS
4 GINGER SLICES
3 RED ONIONS
1 ½ tbsp of DARK SOY SAUCE
WHITE PEPPER (to taste)
SALT (to taste)
CHILI PADI (as much as you can handle)
1. Boil pig face and ears with slices of ginger in a big pot for one hour, until soft. The pig face should be totally submerged in water.
2. Partially submerge pig face and ears with oil in a wok. Fry on high heat for 8 minutes, before flipping it and frying for another 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, dice the red onions. Cut chili padi into small pieces, removing seeds if needed. Squeeze calamansi juice into a bowl and remove the seeds.
4. Remove pig face and ears from oil, and cut into small chunks with scissors. Remove eyes and discard.
5. Then, mix calamansi juice, onions, chili padi, salt, and pepper into pork bits. Serve as is, or on a sizzling hotplate with an egg on top.